Hot Off The Press!!! The Annual Fly-In will be August 7,8 and 9 this year.
Due to an anomaly in the time-space continuum, that means this year’s fly-in is NOT the same weekend as SeaFair. So, if you’ve never been here because you love the Blue Angels…this is your chance. Mark your calendars!
2015 PFFAP Application for Visiting Pilot Hygiene and Laundry Facility
Meadowmist Hangar Home, Ferndale, WA
- Looking for a 2nd place to park a plane and vacation on the mainland? This could be the place!
Bikes for free use (donations encouraged)
- We have bikes for use free of charge near the fuel pumps (unless we lose them all). The last 4 of our CTAF will open the lock. Please take the lock with you and use it…and bring the bike and the lock back. If you like these bikes, donations are accepted in the fee boxes or the Port office. We don’t have helmets but encourage you to use one.
Shower Code Changed!!!
- The code to the shower has changed. If you’re a resident, tenant, camping or passing through in a plane for a shower (folks do), please call or email for the code
Airport Parking Project
UPDATE: The Parking Lot portion of this project is complete. There will be some new signage and a small construction project, but nothing that will effect parking.
The RNAV-16 remains NOTAM’d NA (which unfortunately means “Not Authorized”). The approach is available (here) from the FAA. We’re working to address NAVAIR Canada’s concerns about the Missed Approach altitude and impacts to feeder fix obstruction clearance. Whatever the ultimate solution, it will require being re-checked by flight check. As such, it’s probably not a quick solution.
The next regular meeting of the Port of Orcas Commission is Thursday, August 13th, 2015 at 12 PM in the terminal conference room.
New and Noteworthy:
- A recent visitor’s trip report — you can’t buy a review like this!
- Runway and Taxiway Improvements Environmental Assessment
- Unofficial KORS Facebook Page
If you have airport pictures you would be willing to share, please email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.