If you need a quart of oil (or 12) at Orcas, you can now buy it from your friendly airport manager.
$10/quart for Aeroshell 80W or 100W
$8/quart for Phillips X/C 20W50
Fly In – Fly Out!
Rarely offered Hanger Home with deeded taxi access to Orcas Island Airport. Over 2,000 sf with large master and open floor plan. Includes double garage and detached garage (in addition to hangar). Short walk to Eastsound Village. $439,000 NWMLS#974490
Biplane, the Sequel!
Noise Abatement PLEASE!
- Summer is a busy time and our local residents are outside or have their doors and windows open. Please, please, please, take note of and comply with our noise abatement procedures to the maximum extent possible…
Local RV-6 For Sale
- 1999, Built by Helicopter A&P, 2nd owner
- O-320, ~2,000 hrs (Experimental TBO Exempt), 2 New Cylinders, Good Comps, Very Low Oil Burn
Bikes for free use (donations encouraged)
- We have bikes for use free of charge near the fuel pumps. The last 4 of our CTAF will open the lock. Please take the lock with you and use it…and bring the bike and the lock back. If you like these bikes, donations are accepted in the fee boxes or the Port office. We don’t have helmets but encourage you to use one.
- If you have a somewhat serviceable old, classicky, cruiser bike (or anything adult-sized really) you might donate, we will take good care of it and keep it dry in the winter…please call
Annotated Nautical Chart of Island Flying References
This was a hasty effort to create a depiction of the geographic references commonly used while flying in the San Juan Islands. I don’t currently fly floats and I’m sure other well-qualified pilots will find my emphasis and priorities to be skewed, as well as possibly outright errors, but you can always refer to the source document and do your own study. It does not really seem to render correctly when opened in a browser…recommend downloading and viewing with suitable Adobe Acrobat software (Reader is Free).
Phone-Sized Ferry Schedule
I put this here because I think some visitors to this website might appreciate a “cut-down” version of the ferry schedule that can be read easily on a phone. This is why I started making it in the first place.
The next regular meeting of the Port of Orcas Commission is Thursday, August 7th, 2015 at 4:30 PM in the terminal conference room.
— We now have a small 12/24V GPU (with both alligator clamps and a NATO plug) for “jump-starting” an airplane. Stop by or call the office when needed. After hours, call the Airport Manager’s Cell phone (the number is on my business card which is in a dispenser by the conference room door). Based on the limitations of our insurance, use is at your own risk.
Instrument Procedures — Updates to date!!!
If you find the RNAV-34 is not available in your installed database, would you please let me know? I know of at least one Garmin product where it is flagged as “unavailable” and I’m trying to determine why.
Hangar 28 for Sale
LARGE INSULATED T- HANGAR FOR SALE ON ORCAS ISLAND
Quality Com-Steel 2,559 Sq.Ft. “T” hangar with: tall electric “Hi-Fold” door,
lighting with 3-way switching, double pedestrian access, Door skylight. Easy
and direct taxiway access to runway and fuel. Common area bathroom &
shower. Plumbing stubbed for bathroom. Separate electric meter with 100 amp
panel. Sealed concrete flooring.
Call for pricing and terms.
Suitable for either multiple aircraft, float plane & boat, single Pilatus, Malibu, or
similar. Lots of storage space and tall enough for mezzanine.
Call: David & Rebekah Selwyn at 360-376-3351
Mel Shapiro at 360-376-5909
Hangar #29 has the left rear corner (12′ x 10’6″) taken by the “T” end of hangar #28. There is a smaller area in the right rear corner dedicated to a sink and toilet.
- BiFold Door… opening: 40′ W x 12’10″ H
- Hangar Depth: 31’6″
- Height to interior Ridge: 30′. (Will accommodate a 2 story apartment space/loft or Airplane stacking lift)
- Concrete Floor in exceptional condition…. no cracking, absolutely flat.
- Lit with multiple high hanging fluorescent lamps
- Toilet and Sink (Shared with adjacent hangar owner – space used in each hangar: 38″ x 72″)
Call or email for additional information:
New and Noteworthy:
If you have airport pictures you would be willing to share, please email them to me at email@example.com.