Hangar 28 for Sale
LARGE INSULATED T- HANGAR FOR SALE ON ORCAS ISLAND
Quality Com-Steel 2,559 Sq.Ft. “T” hangar with: tall electric “Hi-Fold” door,
lighting with 3-way switching, double pedestrian access, Door skylight. Easy
and direct taxiway access to runway and fuel. Common area bathroom &
shower. Plumbing stubbed for bathroom. Separate electric meter with 100 amp
panel. Sealed concrete flooring.
Call for pricing and terms.
Suitable for either multiple aircraft, float plane & boat, single Pilatus, Malibu, or
similar. Lots of storage space and tall enough for mezzanine.
Call: David & Rebekah Selwyn at 360-376-3351
Mel Shapiro at 360-376-5909
Hangar #29 has the left rear corner (12′ x 10’6″) taken by the “T” end of hangar #28. There is a smaller area in the right rear corner dedicated to a sink and toilet.
- BiFold Door… opening: 40′ W x 12’10″ H
- Hangar Depth: 31’6″
- Height to interior Ridge: 30′. (Will accommodate a 2 story apartment space/loft or Airplane stacking lift)
- Concrete Floor in exceptional condition…. no cracking, absolutely flat.
- Lit with multiple high hanging fluorescent lamps
- Toilet and Sink (Shared with adjacent hangar owner – space used in each hangar: 38″ x 72″)
Call or email for additional information:
2015 PFFAP Application for Visiting Pilot Hygiene and Laundry Facility
Meadowmist Hangar Home, Ferndale, WA
- Looking for a 2nd place to park a plane and vacation on the mainland? This could be the place!
Bikes for free use (donations encouraged)
- We have bikes for use free of charge near the fuel pumps (unless we lose them all). The last 4 of our CTAF will open the lock. Please take the lock with you and use it…and bring the bike and the lock back. If you like these bikes, donations are accepted in the fee boxes or the Port office. We don’t have helmets but encourage you to use one.
Shower Code Changed!!!
- The code to the shower has changed. If you’re a resident, tenant, camping or passing through in a plane for a shower (folks do), please call or email for the code
Airport Parking Project
UPDATE: The Parking Lot portion of this project is complete. There will be some new signage and a small construction project, but nothing that will effect parking.
The RNAV-16 remains NOTAM’d NA (which unfortunately means “Not Authorized”). The approach is available (here) from the FAA. We’re working to address NAVAIR Canada’s concerns about the Missed Approach altitude and impacts to feeder fix obstruction clearance. Whatever the ultimate solution, it will require being re-checked by flight check. As such, it’s probably not a quick solution.
The next regular meeting of the Port of Orcas Commission is Thursday, August 13th, 2015 at 12 PM in the terminal conference room.
New and Noteworthy:
- A recent visitor’s trip report — you can’t buy a review like this!
- Runway and Taxiway Improvements Environmental Assessment
- Unofficial KORS Facebook Page
If you have airport pictures you would be willing to share, please email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.